|INSTRUMENTATION CABLES||Technical Data sheet
EISF SHX and EIFA SHX instrumentation cables are intended for control and instrumentation circuits, for signal, monitoring and data processing systems and for analogue or digital data transmission, all in industrial electronics applications, allowing particularly for conditions met in chemical, petrochemical and paper industries.
The cables are protected by an overall electrostatic shield against external electric interferences.
Shielded pair structure substantially decreases mutual influence between signals transmitted along the cable.
Steel tape armour in EIFA SHX cables offers enhanced protection against mechanical damages and rodent attack.
The cables can also be used for power supply to small auxiliary devices on condition that current-carrying capacity limit (see our Technical Guide) is not exceeded.
The cables are suitable for fixed indoor and outdoor installations.
The cables are flame retardant and their smoke emission is low, emitted fumes are non toxic and non corrosive.
The cables are oil-resistant and offer enhanced resistance to aliphatic hydrocarbons.
- bare annealed copper wire conductors,
05 – 0.50 mm2 (1x0.8 mm),
09 – 0.88 mm2 (7x0.4 mm)
15 – 1.50 mm2 (7x0.52 mm),
- insulation made of cross-linked halogen free compound,
- insulated conductors twisted into,
pairs IP - colour code insulation: white and red,
triads IT - colour code insulation: white, red and blue,
- pair/triad electrostatic shield incorporating aluminium-polyester tape and stranded annealed tinned copper drain wire, cross-section 0.22 mm2 (7x0.2 mm),
- sheath of shielded pairs/triads made of cross-linked halogen free compound, blue (RAL 5012), other colours also available and printed black number of pair or triad,
- shielded and sheathed pairs or triads laid-up in layers,
- cable core wrapped in polyester tape,
- overall electrostatic shield incorporating aluminium-polyester tape and stranded annealed tinned copper drain wire, cross-section 0.22 mm2 (7x0.2 mm), number of drain wires from 1 to 3 depending on the cable core diameter,
- cable sheath made of cross-linked halogen free compound, blue (RAL 5012), other colours also available,
- steel tape armour for EIFA SHX cable,
- cable covering made of cross-linked halogen free compound, blue (RAL 5012), other colours also available.
DC loop resistance at 20°C, maximum:
0.50 mm2 conductor 75.0 Ω/km
0.88 mm2 conductor 42.8 Ω/km
1.50 mm2 conductor 24.2 Ω/km
Resistan ce unbalance,maximum:
0.50 mm2 conductor 1.120 Ω/km
0.88 mm2 conductor 1.070 Ω/km
1.50 mm2 conductor 0.605 Ω/km
Operating voltage Uo/U 300/500 V
conductor/conductor 2500 V rms
conductor/screen 2000 V rms
Insulation resistance, minimum 500 MΩ·km
Mutual capacitance, max (this value may be 30% higher for one pair or triad):
0.50 mm2 conductor 210 nF/km
0.88 mm2 conductor 230 nF/km
1.50 mm2 conductor 220 nF/km
Operating temperature range
during operation from - 30 to + 90°C
during installation from - 5 to + 70°C
Minimum bending radius 15 x cable diameter
Corrosivity of emitted gases very low, halogen free
per PN-EN 60754-1, PN-EN 60754-2, IEC 60754-2
pH appr. 6.8
conductivity appr. 0.4 µS/mm
Smoke density low smoke density, PN-EN 61034-2, IEC 61034-2
light transmittance, minimum 70 %
Resistance to aliphatic hydrocarbons NF M 87-202 Annex A
Oil resistance PN-EN 60811-404
Cable combustibility flame retardant
Combustibility tests PN-EN 50265-2-1, IEC 60332-1-2, PN-EN 60332-3-24, IEC 60332-3-24
Reference standards NF M 87-202
The cable meets requirements of the low voltage directive 2014/35/EU
TECHNOKABEL S.A. reserves the right to change specifications without prior notice.