|DATA TRANSMISSION CABLE||Technical Data sheet
S-2Y(St)CY 8x2x0,6c mm 120 Ω is an overall shielded cable intended for control and instrumentation circuits, for signal, monitoring and data processing systems and for analogue or digital data transmission, all for industrial electronic applications.
Cables provide data transmission in the following systems: ISDN, PCM and others.
Low capacitance between conductors is a distinctive feature of the cable.
For proper transmission of digital and analogue signals the cable is protected by a specially designed and
highly effective collective shield against external electromagnetic interferences.
The cables are suitable for fixed indoor installations.
- annealed tin-plated copper single wire round conductors of diameter 0.6 mm,
- polyethylene (PE) insulation - identification colour code according to PN-92/T-90321,
- insulated conductors twisted into pairs,
- pairs laid-up in layers,
- collective shield, incorporating aluminium-polyester tape and 0.6 mm annealed tinned copper drain wire under a tinned copper wire braid shield of coverage bigger than 80%,
- PVC cable sheath, grey, other colours also available.
Mutual capacitance at 1 kHz
Insulation resistance, minimum
DC loop resistance at 20°C, max
120 ± 15 Ω
45 ± 5 nF/km
1500 V rms
Attenuation loss, max
at frequency [MHz]:
Operating temperature range
for fixed installation
for movable installation
Minimum bending radius
1.3 dB/100 m
1.7 dB/100 m
from - 30 to + 80°C
from - 5 to + 50°C
15 x cable diameter
PN-EN 60332-1-2, IEC 60332-1-2
The cable meets requirements of the low voltage directive 2014/35/EU
Other diameters and pair counts available on request.
TECHNOKABEL S.A. reserves the right to change specifications without prior notice.